At each event we raise money for charity by collecting specific things that people no longer want at our ‘Donation Station’.
At the Kinder Living Home Show 2019 we will definitely be collecting the following:
- used inkjet cartridges
- unwanted mobile phones
- unwanted spectacles
We are currently confirming what other items to add to the list and will update the list again soon.
We are NOT just collecting anything that isn’t wanted – if it’s not on the list please check with us first to avoid having to take something back home again.
If you are involved with a local charity and collect something (other than cash!) to fundraise, please contact us. Items must be small enough to carry easily, clean and non smelly! Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Examples of things we’ve been asked to collect at previous events include:
- unwanted CDs
- unwanted DVDs
- sleeping bags (in clean condition please)
- toasters (working)
- irons (working)
- kettles (working)
Our Chosen Charities
This year the items we’re collecting at the Donation Station go to support several worthy causes.
Inkjet cartridges and unwanted mobile phones will go to Horsham Community Responders.
Horsham Community Responders
Horsham Community Responders are volunteers who provide immediate care to those in their community who have fallen ill. We are sent to emergency calls received by South East Coast Ambulance Service, and give life-saving care in the minutes up to when the ambulance arrives.
The main responsibilities are:
• To attend emergency calls in their area and aim for an 8 minute response. time. CFR’s are not allowed to go faster than the normal speed limits when responding to calls.
• To provide appropriate treatment prior to the ambulance arriving.
• To document, record and inform the NHS ambulance crew of the patient’s condition and any treatment given.
• To assist the NHS ambulance crew as instructed.
• To stay with the patient until the NHS ambulance crew have arrived and are happy for them to leave the scene.